Page now mostly-final version. Process corrected, and instructions to add by choosing printer from existing list of available printers is removed. IP-only instructions made. Ari's Notes deleted.
Expanded instructions to add Matt's printer
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|To add the printer in Matt's office (more detail coming later):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9PLmeUJl4&feature=youtu.be (on a Mac, open Printers & Scanners, click the + to add a printer, select the only printer that starts with "Brother")
|To add the printer in Matt's office:
1. Open Printers & Scanners, click the "+", click "Add Printer or Scanner..."
2. Select the only printer that starts with "Brother" (Brother HL-L2380DW series @ leela 2)
3. Once computer has automatically retrieved necessary information, click "Add"
Setting Up Printers
This page was written assuming you're using a Mac. The process should be similar on Windows, but ask google for specifics.
You will probably need administrative privileges/passwords to add printers.
To add the printer in Matt's office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9PLmeUJl4&feature=youtu.be
Open Printers & Scanners, click the "+", click "Add Printer or Scanner..."
- Select the only printer that starts with "Brother" (Brother HL-L2380DW series @ leela 2)
- Once computer has automatically retrieved necessary information, click "Add"
To add the CB3 Level B printer:
- You'll probably need to download and install the driver from the Canon website.
Click this link to go to the website, or Google "imageRunner Advance C2230".
- You should get a file like UFRII_v10.13.01_Mac.dmg or zip or similar, as the version may get updated.
Under System Preferences, open "Printer's & Scanners", click the "+" and choose "Add Printer or Scanner..."
- Switch to the "IP" tab to add the printer by its IP address
- In "Address": 184.108.40.206
- From the "Protocol" dropdown: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- "Queue": leave blank
- For "Name" use descriptive like "CB3 B-Level Canon (DEFAULTS TO COLOR)"
- "Location": leave blank
- From the "Use" dropdown: click select software, then choose Canon iR-ADV C2220/2230 from the list
After you've added the printer, you need to connect the printer to Matt's printing account
Once the printer is in your main list of printers, open its "Options & Supplies" button.
- Go to Utility Tab, click Printer Utility, then go to Department ID management.
- Tick the box for Department ID Management
- For both "Department ID" and PIN: 23606
- If the verify button is grey/not clickable for some reason... click on other things until it is. Try Printer Information or something until the Verify button is clickable. This has been a recurring issue.
- After you click Verify, there should be a pop-up that tells you the ID/PIN are correct.
Only after you manage to verify, hit Save Settings.
Note: CB3 B-level Printer always defaults to printing color. It will not automatically detect whether you're printing black text on white paper or a giant rainbow; you must tell it to print black and white or we'll be charged more no matter what.
For posterity: Instead of entering by IP, the CB3 printer can in theory be added from the "Default" tab in the Add printer window. Select "CB3 Level B Canon iR-ADV C2230 @ CB3-F5KMM0HDF694" from the list, and the computer should automatically grab the necessary information. We have not thoroughly tested this process though.
These are Ari's raw notes below. Please ignore them until the page is totally fixed
must go to options and supplies, options tab... for... something make sure you don't print color bc defaults to color this whole page may or may not be totes not how it happens 220.127.116.11??? so that's the address, probs then protocol is line printer daemon - lpd mebe name is CB3 B-Level Canon (Defaults to color) that last bit in caps tho location is somethin use: "generic postscript printer" iR-ADV C2230 imageRunner Advance C2230 - download driver from Canon website google the canon website bc url is nasty af download package and install driver -- requires administrator privileges after you download the driver you past the .78 ip address, prodocol lpd , queue none, name is whatever you like but CB3 level canon prints to color now in the Use: you can select canon iR-ADV C2220/2230 driver and hit add button it searching searching setting up setting up o shit o shit unable to verify printer on your network??? trying different ip address... 18.104.22.168 and it works!! Now it's still not 100% set up so you need to go in to the options & supplies button for that printer, and under the utiliy tab open printer utility and go to department id manageent and tick on department id management, enter 23606 as both the department id and the pin, then save settings that is going to identify all of what we print as coming from matty that matt thinks is the only thing you have to change
make sure you turn of ffkkin color
and it's not wokring good god okay, so the verify button needs to be preesable and pressed before you save settings in that dpeartment id stuff make sure verify the 23606 stuff! now trying again... YAY SWEET SWEET SOUNDS OF PRINTING okay we don't know if the verify button not being pressable was a fluke or if we'll always need to click on other things like printer information to get the button pressable for some reason... computer will say something about yay department id is correct