Setting Up Printers
This page was written assuming you're using a Mac. The process should be similar on Windows, but ask google for specifics.
You will probably need administrative privileges/passwords to add printers.
To add the printer in Matt's office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9PLmeUJl4&feature=youtu.be
Open Printers & Scanners, click the "+", click "Add Printer or Scanner..."
- Select the only printer that starts with "Brother" (Brother HL-L2380DW series @ leela 2)
- Once computer has automatically retrieved necessary information, click "Add"
To add the CB3 Level B printer:
- You'll probably need to download and install the driver from the Canon website.
Click this link to go to the website, or Google "imageRunner Advance C2230".
- You should get a file like UFRII_v10.13.01_Mac.dmg or zip or similar, as the version may get updated.
Under System Preferences, open "Printer's & Scanners", click the "+" and choose "Add Printer or Scanner..."
- Switch to the "IP" tab to add the printer by its IP address
- In "Address": 126.96.36.199
- From the "Protocol" dropdown: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- "Queue": leave blank
- For "Name" use descriptive like "CB3 B-Level Canon (DEFAULTS TO COLOR)"
- "Location": leave blank
- From the "Use" dropdown: click select software, then choose Canon iR-ADV C2220/2230 from the list
After you've added the printer, you need to connect the printer to Matt's printing account
Once the printer is in your main list of printers, open its "Options & Supplies" button.
- Go to Utility Tab, click Printer Utility, then go to Department ID management.
- Tick the box for Department ID Management
- For both "Department ID" and PIN: 23606
- If the verify button is grey/not clickable for some reason... click on other things until it is. Try Printer Information or something until the Verify button is clickable. This has been a recurring issue.
- After you click Verify, there should be a pop-up that tells you the ID/PIN are correct.
Only after you manage to verify, hit Save Settings.
Note: CB3 B-level Printer always defaults to printing color. It will not automatically detect whether you're printing black text on white paper or a giant rainbow; you must tell it to print black and white or we'll be charged more no matter what.
For posterity: Instead of entering by IP, the CB3 printer can in theory be added from the "Default" tab in the Add printer window. Select "CB3 Level B Canon iR-ADV C2230 @ CB3-F5KMM0HDF694" from the list, and the computer should automatically grab the necessary information. We have not thoroughly tested this process though.