Not Started/Possible projects
- lit search for EEG MVPA review
- - could also do lit search for Emily Ward fMRI project?
- Check out Cygwin (linux commandy stuff in a windows shell)
Partial / In Progress
- Learn Python
- In progress!
- MJ's youtube playlist is.gd/c83pfp
- Go through the psychopy tutorials
- you put all the things in your coding for RAP lab bookmark folder, dummy
- update: in psypysandbox, working on making different stimuli
- figure out git and bitbucket (you're trying to put project euler stuff into arissandbox)
- saved tabs into coding for rap lab bookmark folder
- Get final stats on participant gender, languages, etc. etc.
- Analyzing the data
- Initial equivalences
- Lefty vs righty
- male vs female
- time of day
- Position of word x critness x condition x ltm memory and/or responsetime
- mayyyyybe playing with starting letter of nonword
- absolute value of certainty
- "ruts" of answers -- just investigate
- response time vs correctness
- response time vs abs. certainty
- split noncrits by word/non probe
Onboarding stuff: http://hr.unl.edu/onboard/
attend a new employee orientation meeting: http://hr.unl.edu/general/neo.shtml/
- Initial equivalences
To-Do's added by other people
- [insert here]
- Evan's excel file of word-association pairs
- Remove: weird shit, any word where the target/prime is contained in the other (like ant and anteater), very rare/unusual words, double-listings (actor/actress then actress/actor), homographs where it would lead you in a completely wrong direction (a tear vs to tear), the "billy-idol" thing that would rely on pop culture/special experience, things that would take way too long to read, id-ego fits the homograph thing,
- (missing edit bout adding all demographic data to the z3 transformed files. raw has all rr2, trimmed has buttfaces removed, combined has both rr1 and 2 iirc.)
- (word list is priority. get to final state of word list by wednesday start)
(refrem1&2) Calculate all the main means and ltm word type means for a participant to validate the code matt and evan wrote
- Figure out what I'm going to present on at the lab meeting where I present
- adhd? executive function? machine learning? something to do with language?
- Maybe research caffeine reducing the bold response (initial dip), or the fusiform hair area paper
- People seem to want a paper they can discuss
- IRB text-file-ificiation
- second wave wiki reading/editing
SettingUpPrinters needs to be un-orphaned and finished
Create UsingBox page on wiki
- Observe running of behavioral participants
- Go on flyer run
- Get july 24-28th mostly off
- get mtw off regularly
- Get approved to do science on the humans (done 2017/07/11)
- Forms have all been sent to IRB peeps, they're not responding so far 2017/06/14
- Have gotten on payroll, need to get on IRB 2017/07/06
- get my CITI certification on file -- link to my staff account/email, or bring papers to somewhere, or redo (2017/07/06)
- have drafted email to citi support to have accounts merged, should ask IRB peeps or someone if that is the necessary solution
- have sent email to Lindsey Arneson 7/7
- she responded, am now good to go 7/11
- first wave wiki reading/editing ("completed" 6/22)
- Yeah, gonna ignore the "Tech Stuff" section for now since I don't know what I don't know there
- Did Admin and General sections of Front Page
SettingUpAndApprovingMechanicalTurkBatches put under "good for now", then moved to "review
- StandardEEGProtocols, StandardMRIProtocols, RecruitingMRIParticipants put in "review"
Rafay just created BookingTestingRooms on 6/19 so it's presumably good? Ask him if he's done/where to put on make/edit page?
Finished with FrontPage, including tech section and sweep for links within links
Made AriDye page and probably spent too long on that "Links" image but it was a learning experience sooo
- change password 2017/6/2
- make python group wiki progress page????
- Recruit people for the study
Elaina, Ellie, Catie <-- have mentioned, need to send email with contact info?
various and sundry relations <-- have mentioned to Aunt Jane and parents
- can mention at BN??
- Investigate the tip of the day from psychopy "Data can be output in many different formats, but it's worth saving the 'psydat' (aka pickle) format as well as the others. Although this isn't "human readable" it stores more information than excel/csv files including an entire copy of your actual experiment!"